Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Frame blasted and painted...

I sent the frame off to get sandblasted last week and it turned out pretty good.  There were 2 small pin holes on the rear spring/shock mount area and then one small hole about 3/4" in diameter that was rusted near the front passenger body side rail to front frame joint.   I took the frame home and did a bit more clean-up and also fixed the holes.


Then I dropped it off to get sprayed with POR-15 (http://www.por15.com/) gray paint which is supposed to be the next step down from powder coating.   I wanted something different than the typical black frame paint and I think it also helps to show off some of the welds for the good and bad. At any rate I think the color is good for now, you can put this paint on with a bruck and it's definately made to last.   The picture below gives a better view of the actual gray color.


No comments:

Post a Comment