Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rear Seat Brackets & more dash work...

The last few days have been spent working on more details on the dash as well as the rear seat brackets and seat belt anchors.  I've spent a lot more time than I expected on the dash but I think it's turned out nice.

Below you can see the dash with a few gauges in and the shift light in the upper right corner of the tach.


This view shows the intricate bracket for the shift light and the recess for the tach.


The next area I spent time on was the brackets for the rear seats and the seat belt anchors.  Due to the fact the previous owner had tubbed the car I was missing the outer two brackets so I had to create some out of 1/8" steel and new grade 8 nuts.  In order to get the seat brackets in the right spot I had to actually mount the seats which was a bit of a challenge since they have already got the new seat covers on them, I had to be real careful.



Below is a view from under the car at the seat belt ancor brackets.  For some reason the floor pan only had 2 holes (the ones on the right) so I had to drill 2 new holes for the brackets on the left.  It all worked out fine and once everything is in place it'll be hard to tell they were not from the factory.


Here's a picture of the dash in place and as you can see I've also filled in the ashtray as well to help continue to clean-up the dash.   The other project I finished was the shifter tunnel extension.  The one in the picture below is for a non-console car.  Since I didn't have the console in the care when I got it and it only adds more clutter and weight I thought I would continue to keep the car "simple" and go without the console.

No comments:

Post a Comment